Datamine is looking for a results-driven Business Consultant to actively engage and seek prospects within our existing client base, while also bringing onboard new clients.
Datamine is all about creating addictive analytics experiences and empowering people to use these analytics to strengthen their business objectives. We work with businesses to implement smart, data-driven strategies and never fail to deliver a solution for even the most complex data question.
We’re looking for someone who is as passionate about the value of data as we are and loves tackling unique business problems. If you see yourself as a trusted analytical advisor who fosters close client relationships and gets a kick out of enabling businesses to get the most from analytics, then we want you.
We’re addicted to analytics and all our employees strive for the best result. There’s never a dull day with a team-based culture that celebrates and rewards success.
You will help build Datamine's strong client base through growing existing accounts and bringing onboard new clients. For you to be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics, as well as superb interpersonal skills to actively engage and foster our client base.
A week in the life of a Consultant
- Identify and develop initiatives with clients
- Prepare and present findings tailored to your client’s needs
- Win a piece of work after identifying an opportunity with your client
- Meet to plan and discuss your client development plan and nail your strategy
- Meet with your internal team to ensure your client aims and objectives are understood by all
- Unearthing new sales opportunities through networking and turning these into long term partnerships
- Share tips and tricks with your team mates at the weekly sales meeting
- Meet with your mentor for advice and support
- Squeeze in some admin - updating the CRM and project management systems and keeping track of your monthly quota
You’re a motivated individual with proven success managing and building your client portfolio. You have strong personal relationships with your clients, listen to their concerns and provide them with solution-based answers. You enable them to be successful in their business.
Ideally, you’ll have
- 8+ years’ experience in a commercial environment
- A tertiary qualification
- A deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics, as well as superb interpersonal skills
- The ability to negotiate with a desire to make your clients look good
- The ability to demonstrate the skills to grow an account
- Strong relationship management skills and be open to feedback
- The know-how to talk to people, both technical and non-technical (be personable)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised with a can-do attitude
- A smart and driven nature, and always be available to clients and internal team members
- A go-getter attitude, always proactively acting on, and seeking out, opportunities
- A strong desire to keep learning
You will provide
- Proven ability and substantial experience in consulting-led sales of complex technical and diagnostic solutions
- A network, that you are comfortable tapping into (existing C-suite level)
- Strong spatial, problem solving and numerical skills
- The ability to successfully negotiate
- Credible experience as a trusted advisor into large and complex organisational structures
- Excellent communication skills
- A belief in, and knowledge of analytics in business
- Demonstrable commercial awareness
- Degree qualified
- 10+ years in a relevant commercial role
- An excellent base income plus contribution - the more you put in the more you will get back. Increases at Datamine are based on individual performance
- On-going professional training and development
- Work alongside a team of smart people who are engaged in advanced analytics
- An amazing and diverse company culture
- Free lunch everyday cooked by our in-house chef
- Offices in Parnell
It’s a fast-paced environment and you’ll go far if you can be proactive and problem solves on the fly.
You will thrive under pressure and will work well with ambiguity. If we have you interested and keen to find out more, please send your cover letter and CV to Lucinda Beamish (yes we read them all).