Senior Back End Developer
Datamine is on the hunt for someone with a passion for coding and continuous learning who is seeking the next step up in their development career.
To nail it in this role you will have a strong sense of ownership and commitment to delivering, as well as an understanding of the big picture and the part you play to ensure a successful outcome for all projects involved in. You are someone who actively keeps abreast of advances in software technologies and thrives off learning more and more in this area. You enjoy coming up with a solution that meets the product owner’s requirements and then taking that solution and building to exceed the user’s expectations.
You will have been part of a team who have successfully developed and deployed a product to market, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
Must Haves – non-negotiables:
• A love for coding!
• A curiosity and hunger for the solution
• A positive can-do attitude
• A team-centric attitude and a belief in being ‘better together’
• High accountability of your work
• Clear and concise communication skills and the ability to see the big picture
• A love of working in a collaborative environment and bouncing ideas around
• An excellent work ethic, attention to detail and a passion to always learn more
• A focus on making a difference and not just ticking the box
This is a senior Back End Developer role, so we’ve listed skills and experience we would like to see. You don’t need to have them all nailed, but you do need to be aware that these skills make up the role - if you’re not an expert in them all today, you need to be prepared to be in six months.
• A tertiary qualification in Software Engineering or Computer Science or similar
• Minimum of five years commercial experience in a back-end focused role
• Expertise on leading web application technologies, methodologies and design approaches
• Experience integrating the front-end elements into the application, through REST API
• Strong Database Development experience in MySQL/PostgreSQL/SQL server
• Experience with NoSQL databases and modelling (Elastic Search/MongoDB)
• Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
• Experience with version control, such as Git lab
• Basic understanding of front-end technologies and platforms, such as Angular, HTML5, and CSS3
• Experience with hosting environments and Linux is an advantage
We promise to provide:
• An amazing and diverse company culture at NZ's leading analytics firm
• The chance to make a difference and be part of Datamine’s growth
• Free lunch everyday – yes there is such a thing!
• An industry and solution mix that will keep you entertained for years to come
• A tight knit team of smart people engaged in advanced software development
A work environment where you are supported, stretched and challenged everyday
Who is Datamine?
A leading data and analytics consultancy and product developer, Datamine works collaboratively with businesses to implement smart, data-driven commercial strategies using techniques from applied statistical modelling to data science. We work on a range of client, and our own, product development, such as the creation of new tools, platforms and applications, all of which are designed to help streamline processes and bring greater visibility to businesses.
At Datamine we believe we are better together, so if you fit the above description and live and breathe all things coding, we would love to hear from you.