Business Support Team
Datamine is a leading analytics consultancy and product developer helping businesses across Australia and New Zealand unlock the value in their data. With clients across New Zealand and Australia, we’re seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to join our busy Auckland team.
This is a key role responsible for ensuring Datamine’s infrastructure is robust and reliable both today and in the future.
You will join our tight-knit Infrastructure team responsible for maintaining the integrity of our existing tools, infrastructure and data security.
You will work closely with our Head of Technology to help design, build, implement and maintain new technologies and systems to support our business goals.
- Maintenance and optimisation of Datamine’s systems and VMware network infrastructure
- Identify and resolve hardware and network performance issues
- Present new ideas and solutions to the business
- Engage and contribute to Datamine’s long-term technology strategy
- Ensure our data security measures are robust
- Remain up-to-date with information security best practices
- Maintain Datamine’s infrastructure, network, and AWS server systems
- Actively manage, improve, and monitor cloud infrastructure on AWS, EC2, S3, and RDS, including backups, patches, and scaling
- Build and deploy Docker containers, improving developer workflow, increasing scalability, and optimizing speed
- Build and maintain hardware and operating systems (Windows and Linux)
- Create and maintain infrastructure documentation
- Conduct systems monitoring
- Facilitate backups of Datamine’s systems
You would fit right in at Datamine if you have:
- 5 years of experience working in a commercial environment as a Systems Administrator or Infrastructure Support role
- Hands-on experience with configuring and maintaining resources in AWS
- Experience automating cloud-infrastructure, storage back-ups and systems monitoring
- Strong experience working with Linux, Windows server, VMware, Hyper-V, Office 365, networking, database technologies and firewalls
- Knowledge of Python, C/C++, and Java is desirable
- Experience improving, implementing and enforcing processes
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining systems
- Strong focus and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Tenacious and positive attitude
- A curiosity for systems and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and bedside manner
- A genuine passion for all things IT
At Datamine you will enjoy:
- A work environment where you’re challenged and supported every day
- Free lunch every day (yes, there is such a thing!) along with free parking and tenure celebrations in an exceptionally cool office space
- A tight-knit team of smart people engaged in advanced analytics and delivering solutions
- Exceptional work experience with a highly respected company
- An amazing and diverse company culture
- Advancement based on merit
At Datamine we believe we are better together – so if you are smart, driven, humble and looking for that next step up in your career, we would love to hear from you.