We are looking for a highly motivated geek to join our Analytics team and work with data to provide insights that will help our clients move beyond guesswork. This is a fantastic role for someone venturing on their Analytics journey, focusing on learning and growing your skill set and career across a wide range of industries and solutions.
You will be based in Datamine’s Analyst team, while also working closely with our Client Services team to deliver solutions for our clients. Attention to detail, great communication, a passion for solving numerical problems and a desire to learn will ensure your success in this exciting role.
A week in the life of a Datamine Analyst involves:
- Utilising a variety of data analysis techniques to provide insights from data
- Delivering business intelligence solutions in an accurate and timely manner
- Taking part in client projects, ensuring you stay on schedule and do your part to ensure a profitable project
- Preparing a campaign for successful implementation, ensuring all steps have been followed
- Adding your opinion into the project planning process
- Asking questions, why?
- Presenting findings to the Client Services team to report back to clients
- Communicating with the Client Services team on daily basis regarding progress on projects and any potential issues
- Ensuring your project documentation is up to date
- Attending team meetings and ensuring you are contributing to the team hitting its strategic targets for the month and the quarter
- Taking part in mentoring sessions with your mentor to support you as you continue learning and growing in your role and your career
You will succeed at Datamine if you have:
- A tertiary degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering science or similar
- Work experience from a commercial environment outside academia
- Experience with R / SQL / Python or similar
- Solid skills in Microsoft suite, especially Excel
- A passion for solving numerical problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and you can explain work to both technical and non-technical audiences
- An understanding of the value in teamwork
- A desire to continue learning and growing
- A quick pace with the ability to pivot
- Great attention to detail and a pragmatic approach to work
- Confidence and ambition – you want to shine
Who is Datamine?
Datamine helps people and organisations unlock the value of their data – creating addictive analytics experiences! We collaborate closely with our clients to leverage insights and gain competitive advantage. Datamine has been the leader in this space for over 20 years and works across all industry verticals; tackling difficult problems is our bread and butter.
At Datamine you will enjoy:
- A work environment where you’re challenged, developed and supported every day
- Free lunch every day (yes there is such a thing)
- A tight-knit team of smart people engaged in advanced analytics and delivering solutions
- Exceptional work experience with a highly-respected company
- An amazing and diverse company culture
- Advancement based on merit
At Datamine we believe we are better together – so if you are motivated, awesome, and looking to kick off your career in analytics, we would love to hear from you. While the start date is flexible for the right person around your degree completion, the role is available now.
Apply now by sending through your CV and cover letter (yes, we read them all!)