Back-End Developer - Python
Datamine helps organisations unlock the value of their data through addictive analytics experiences. We’ve been the leader in this space for over 25 years, so tackling difficult problems is our bread and butter.
We continue to bring proven, repeatable success to businesses across many industries, through the use of our 100+ analytics solutions, and our growing product offering. As part of that service, we collaborate closely with our clients to leverage insights and gain competitive advantage.
At Datamine, we aim to give people power, through the ethical use of technology, to make decisions that transform their work, lives, and communities for the better.
As we continue to build our product development team we have a new need for a senior back-end developer. This is a key role in the development team. We are looking for a creative candidate capable of seeing the big picture, coming up with ideas, problem solving, and improving the product development practices of Datamine.
To nail it in this role, you'll need to have a strong sense of ownership and a background in the product development area.
As a senior back-end developer your main responsibilities will include;
- Working with the Datamine product team on the design, development, and upgrade/update of new and existing products.
- Working with our solution architects and senior developers to implement solutions / fixes / enhancements
- Bigger picture and creative thinking on product ideas and designs. Problem solving to overcome technical challenges in the product development process.
- Ongoing refinement of work and continual improvement
- Evaluating how technologies are being used within Datamine and improvements that can be made
You will fit right in at Datamine if you have:
- Senior level experience with Python and other back-end web technologies
- A love for coding
- A passion for continual learning, an excellent work ethic, ability to work autonomously when required, and strong attention to detail
- A love of working in a collaborative environment and bouncing ideas around
- A tertiary qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Other skills which would be desirable include REST API (Specifically Django REST API), a variety of database development experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server), AWS cloud infrastructure. Some understanding of front-end technologies (Angular, HTML, CSS etc.)
At Datamine you will enjoy:
- Freedom to deliver success
- Opportunities for growth with a forward-looking business
- A chance to make your mark
- Working with a tight-knit team of smart people engaged in product development, advanced analytics, and solutions
- Free lunch every day cooked by our in-house chef
- Exceptional work experience with a highly respected company
- Involvement in setting strategy
- An amazing and diverse company culture
- An open and transparent environment
If you want to help businesses achieve success through analytics empowerment, please get in touch for a confidential conversation. You can "apply" or simply email me directly Jesse Whitehouse email@example.com