Senior Back End Developer Python
Datamine is on the hunt for a Senior Back End Developer with a passion for coding and continuous learning who are seeking the next step up in their development careers.
To nail it in this role, you’ll need to have a strong sense of ownership and commitment to delivering solutions, as well as an understanding of the part you play in ensuring a successful outcome for all projects and products you are involved in. You’ve got experience in new product development and may also have start-up experience. You are someone who actively keeps abreast of advances in software technologies and thrives off learning in this area. You will have been part of a team who have successfully developed and deployed a product to market.
You'll fit at Datamine if you have:
• A love for coding!
• A curiosity and hunger for the solution
• A positive can-do attitude
• A 'fail fast' mentality
• A focus on shipping the next deployment
• A collaborative, team-centric attitude and belief in being 'better together'
• High accountability of your work
• Clear and concise communication skills and the ability to see the big picture
• An excellent work ethic, attention to detail and a passion for continual learning
• A focus on making a difference and not just ticking the box
• A tertiary qualification in Software Engineering or Computer Science or similar
• Minimum of three years commercial experience in a back-end focused role
• Strong development skills (Python is essential) and a good understanding of full web development stack
• Expertise on leading web application technologies, methodologies and design approaches
• Experience integrating front-end elements into the application thorugh REST API
• Strong Database Development experience in MySQL/PostgreSQL/SQL server
• Experience with NoSQL and database modelling (Elastic Search/MongoDB)
• Experience with cloud infrastructure AWS
• Experience with version control, such as Git Lab
• Basic understanding of front-end technologies and platforms, such as Angular, HTML5 and CSS3
We promise to provide:
• An amazing and diverse company culture at NZ's leading analytics firm
• The chance to make a difference and be part of Datamine’s growth
• Free lunch everyday – yes there is such a thing!
• An industry and solution mix that will keep you entertained for years to come
• A tight knit team of smart people engaged in advanced software development
• A work environment where you are supported, stretched and challenged everyday