This is a fast-paced and broad accounting role. You will work alongside our Financial Controller managing a range of finance, accounting and administration activities.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in executing on day-to-day, week to week, month to month accounting processes. To be successful in this role you will be very thorough, self-disciplined and enjoy having some fun.
You will have at least two years’ experience working in a similar role and ideally a good understanding of Xero. CA is not necessary, but you must be process driven with excellent time management skills. Speed and accuracy are paramount.
You will enjoy taking on full accountability and thrive in this busy role that you can grow and develop further.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Accounts payable and account receivable
- Monthly reconciliations and returns (bank reconciliations, GST, IRD returns)
- Support due diligence activities
- Maintaining and balancing the General Ledger
- Cashflow management – reviewing cash balance, banking and credit control
- Producing financial reports
- Following up on Debtors
- Ensuring the business is compliant with all rules and regulations
- Monthly payroll using iPayroll system
You will fit right in at Datamine if you have:
- An outstanding eye for detail and accuracy with the ability to achieve consistent efficiencies in accounts processing.
- An applicable tertiary qualification
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role
- An exceptional level of communication, organisation and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and numerical skills
- Offer excellent Excel skills and be comfortable with the Microsoft suite of Office products
- Experience and confident with Xero and/or comparable systems
At Datamine you will enjoy:
- A work environment where you’re challenged and supported every day
- Free lunch every day (yes, there is such a thing!) along with free parking and tenure celebrations in an exceptionally cool office space
- A tight-knit team of smart people engaged in advanced analytics and delivering solutions
- Exceptional work experience with a highly respected company
- An amazing and diverse company culture
- Advancement based on merit
At Datamine we believe we are better together – so if you are motivated, awesome and have a knack for numbers, we would love to hear from you.