Business Support Team
This is a fast paced and broad accounting role. You will work alongside our Financial Controller managing a range of finance, accounting and administration activities.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in executing on day-to-day, week to week, month to month accounting processes. To be successful in this role you will be very thorough, self-disciplined and enjoy having some fun.
You will have at least two years’ experience in a similar accounts role, and be process driven with excellent time management skills. Speed and accuracy are paramount. You will enjoy taking on full accountability and thrive in this busy role that you can grow and develop further.
Who is Datamine?
At Datamine, we help businesses across different industries and countries unlock the value of their data. Tackling difficult problems is our bread and butter. We aim to change the way people view analytics – we’re passionate about helping companies go beyond guesswork and make the most of their data.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Accounts payable and account receivable
- Monthly reconciliations and returns (bank reconciliations, GST, IRD returns)
- Support due diligence activities
- Maintaining and balancing the General Ledger
- Cashflow management – reviewing cash balance, banking and credit control
- Producing financial reports
- Following up on Debtors
- Ensuring the business is compliant with all rules and regulations
- Monthly payroll using iPayroll system
You will fit right in at Datamine if you have:
- An outstanding eye for detail and accuracy with the ability to achieve consistent efficiencies in accounts processing.
- An applicable tertiary qualification
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role
- An exceptional level of communication, organisation and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Offer excellent Excel skills and be comfortable with the Microsoft suite of Office products
- Experience and confident with Xero or comparable systems
- Excellent verbal and numerical skills
At Datamine you will enjoy:
- Opportunities for growth with a forward-looking business
- Working with a tight-knit team of smart people engaged in advanced analytics and solutions
- Lunch every day cooked by our in-house chef
- Exceptional work experience with a highly respected company
- An amazing and diverse company culture
- An open and transparent environment
At Datamine we believe we are better together – so if you are motivated, awesome and have a knack for numbers, we would love to hear from you.