Datamine is a business that ‘sprints’ - there's lots to get done, and we’re looking for a qualified Product Manager to help us win the race.
With a focus on connecting and empowering people to benefit from analytics every day, we’re going places. Datamine is well-positioned in the industry, and we’re already on our way to taking our product offerings to the next level in the marketplace.
At Datamine you will work with a smart, interesting and engaged group of people. You’ll support and build on the vision for our Datamine platform and lead the product team by inspiring, motivating and ultimately delivering.
We are looking for a strong communicator with the proven ability to manage multiple work streams and exceptional stakeholder management skills. You will think creatively, be self-motivated and have the energy and resilience to push through and deliver multiple products to market.
You’ll need to bring integrity, passion and curiosity to the role. As Dataminers we’re always seeking new and better solutions. You'll strive for excellence and be able to put yourself in the shoes of both our clients and the team, with your ability to understand, listen, and facilitate ideas.
- Maintaining the vision for the Datamine platform and managing the product backlog, prioritising internal and external products under development
- Managing across products developed at Datamine – both internal and external
- Facilitating the generation and prioritisation of ideas by the rest of the business
- Ensuring that the Datamine platform is developed to make our product and client builds efficient and effective
- Working closely with the Development Manager to allocate resource to projects in accordance with priorities
- Validating the roadmap by meeting regularly with prospective users/clients
- Managing the R&D spend and approvals across internal product projects including external funding processes
- Work closely with business stakeholders and subject matter experts to research and map opportunities against the product vision
You will bring
- Proven Product Management experience (at least 3 years)
- Research skills for scoping and understanding the marketplace
- Experience of lean methodologies
- Ability to deliver good user stories and user experience mapping
- Ability to understand complex concepts and translate them to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong decision-making through collaboration
- Ability to define and maintain the vision of each product and communicate it well to developers and project managers
- Successful track record of go-to-market product launches
- Strong knowledge of the full product development lifecycle
- Credibility and capability to build and maintain relationships and influence in and outside of the business
- A drive to achieve, with a can-do attitude and a forward-thinking approach
We will provide
- An amazing and diverse company culture at NZ's leading analytics firm
- A work environment where you're encouraged to speak up and stand out
- Free lunch every day – yes there is such a thing!
- A tight-knit team of smart people engaged in making a difference
- Advancement based on merit
- A challenging and rewarding environment in which to thrive and make a difference
- Exceptional work experience with a respected company
To apply, send your CV and Cover Letter (yes we read all of them!) to Rose Ritchie