JUNIOR BACK END DEVELOPER
Datamine is on the hunt for someone with a passion for coding and continuous learning, looking to kick-off your career with a bang.
Have you completed your tertiary studies in Computer Science, Software Engineering (or similar) and you’re wondering what to do now? Do you want to work in an environment that is committed to helping you grow your skills? In this role you will be involved in, and appreciated for, the positive impact and support of your work on helping businesses to run better.
To nail it in this role, attitude is everything! You will have a strong sense of ownership and commitment to helping deliver a solution. You will be proactive in helping address issues, identify and solve problems that meet the given-criteria and exceed expectations when you deliver. You will thrive off, and be a whizz, at learning new technical skills quickly. You are someone who enjoys keeping up with advances in software technologies and is passionate about learning more and more in this area.
Dataminers are proudly data-driven and we are in an exciting time of growth! Hence, we’re looking for you to join and support us in leading the pace of this fast-growing industry. This role involves helping the Product Development team in planning, building, testing, rolling out and updating awesome data-based and analytical deployments. You’ll be focused on assisting the team with developing server-side logic, maintenance of databases, and ensuring responsiveness to front-end requests. You’ll be well-supported, encouraged to give your ideas from day one, and experience exciting personal and professional growth.
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering (or similar) with an exceptional academic transcript
- Knowledge of computer programming and software engineering, including skills in writing SQL code
- An eye for detail and the ability to follow issues through to resolution
- Experience with/understanding of leading web application technologies, methodologies and design approaches
- A basic understanding of integrating front end elements into the application
- An understanding of cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure)
- A basic understanding of hosting environments and Linux (an advantage!)
- Experience with/understanding of version control, such as Git lab
- An ability to get stuck-in to detailed processes and ‘behind the scenes’ work
- An awesome and can-do attitude
- An eagerness to learn and grow through soaking in our team’s knowledge and being receptive to constructive feedback
- Exceptional communication and teamwork skills
- A love for coding!
We promise to provide:
- An amazing and diverse company culture at NZ's leading analytics firm
- The chance to make a difference and be part of Datamine’s growth
- Free lunch everyday – yes there is such a thing!
- An industry and solution mix that will keep you entertained for years to come
- A tight knit team of smart people engaged in advanced analytics work
- A work environment where you are supported, stretched and challenged every day
- A cool and unique office space in Parnell, Auckland
Who is Datamine?
A leading data and analytics consultancy and product developer, Datamine works collaboratively with businesses to implement smart, data-driven commercial strategies using techniques from applied statistical modelling to data science. We work on a range of client and our own product development, such as the creation of new tools, platforms and applications, all of which are designed to help streamline processes and bring greater visibility to businesses.
At Datamine we believe we are better together, so if you fit the above description and live and breathe all things coding, we would love to hear from you.
Send us your details and attach a current résumé.