This role will see you lead the Finance and Administration team as a part of Datamine’s management team. You will be responsible for providing integral management assistance whilst overseeing all finance, accounting and administration functions on a day-to-day basis.
You’ll be a commercially-minded Financial Controller with experience leading a team. You’ll be confident with day-to-day financial reporting, as well as have proven ability to provide strategic input on the assessment of future business opportunities.
This is a hands-on role where you will need to build relationships across the business and enjoy utilising your expertise to support other aspects of the business, ensuring Datamine’s continued profitable growth, with your role continuing to grow in alignment with this growth.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at a high level. You understand that whilst the role is about balancing the books, it’s also about supporting and enabling others to be successful.
Who is Datamine?
Datamine helps organisations unlock the value of their data through addictive analytics experiences. We’ve been the leader in this space for over 20 years, so tackling difficult problems is our bread and butter.
We continue to bring proven, repeatable success to businesses across many industries, through the use of our 100+ analytics solutions. As part of that service, we collaborate closely with our clients to leverage insights and gain competitive advantage.
At Datamine, we aim to change the way people view analytics – we’re passionate about helping companies go beyond guesswork to realise the incredible potential their data offers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Initiating and maintaining effective control procedures to ensure all assets, liabilities, income and expenses are accurately recorded
- Preparation, review and analysis of daily, weekly and end of period management reports
- Collaboration with each department head on the financial performance of their outlets
- Completion of budgets and forecasts
- Mentoring and motivating Finance Team members
- Leading the Finance & Administration team to meet business requirements, including reporting, internal controls, accounts payable & receivable and KPI’s
- Preparation and discussion of monthly board reports
- Preparation, development and improvement of budgeting & forecasting processes and tools
- Ensuring timely and accurate completion of all compliance reporting
- Providing specialist financial insight into strategic planning, strategic projects and expansion opportunities
You will fit right in at Datamine if you have:
- An extensive working knowledge of accounting procedures
- 8+ years’ experience in a financial role
- A tertiary qualification in accounting or finance and ideally be CPA / CA qualified
- An exceptional level of communication, organisation and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and numerical skills
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Sound commercial reasoning
- Demonstrable leadership experience
- Expertise in forecasting and monetising business strategy
At Datamine you will enjoy:
- Freedom to deliver success
- Opportunities for growth with a forward-looking business
- A chance to make your mark
- Working with a tight-knit team of smart people engaged in advanced analytics and solutions
- Free lunch every day cooked by our in-house chef
- Exceptional work experience with a highly respected company
- Involvement in setting strategy
- An amazing and diverse company culture
- An open and transparent environment
At Datamine we believe we are better together – so if you are motivated, awesome, fun and driven to succeed we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter (yes, we read them all!) to Rose Ritchie at: firstname.lastname@example.org