Datamine is recruiting for a self-motivated individual to join Animates’ in-house Analyst team as a Data Analyst. This exciting opportunity has come about as a result of an Animates and Datamine collaboration to build a Campaign Datamart and integrated campaign management platform for Animates. Animates is growing their internal capability and requires a strong Data Analyst to help them achieve their goals.
This a role where you can grow your career and add real value, while being supported, guided and given lots of opportunity to learn. You will be comfortable taking ownership of a task, working to deadlines and getting through work efficiently. You will work with the product team to deliver actionable insights.
A week in the life of an Animates Data Analyst involves:
- Collaborating with the product team to drive and deliver data-driven insights and solutions
- Providing insights from data and busting myths
- Automating key processes
- Communicating technical concepts and solutions to non-technical audiences within the business
- Being a sounding board for new initiatives and campaigns
- Petting a dog or two
You would succeed at Animates if you have:
- Minimum 2 years’ of commercial analytics experience
- Tertiary degree in Statistics or similar
- Medium-High level of MySQL or SQL experience
- An analytical knowledge base with some database exposure
- Solid skills in Microsoft suite for both analysis and presentation
- Self-motivation and the ability to work comfortably on your own when needed and delivering to timeframes
- Proactive attitude to work and the ability to surface ‘stucks’
- Confident and approachable personality with some creativity thrown in the mix
- A love for animals – there are well-behaved pets at the Animates office everyday including dogs, cats and birds
Who is Animates?
Animates is New Zealand's leading pet care company with over 40 pet specialty retail stores, 24 grooming salons, 17 vet clinics and growing. Our purpose is to make the world a happier place through the love of pets.
At Animates you will enjoy:
- A work environment where you’re challenged and supported every day
- A friendly and modern work environment;
- A generous employee purchase discount on retail and services;
- A conveniently located office in the heart of Ellerslie with access to public transport, motorways and great local amenities
- The opportunity to really make your mark and grow your career with the potential of moving into a Senior Product Analyst role over time
Sound like you? If you are ready to join New Zealand's leading pet care company, apply now!